Tuesday 22 November 2016

All change

I’m back!

The last couple of years have been hectic and full of life change, so it is no surprise that blogging had to go on the back burner for a while. Since I last blogged on this particular blog (I set up another one, but controversially, I didn’t like Wix, so I’m back to blogger!) I have graduated, moved to London, started a career in public affairs, completed by Diploma in PR, moved house twice, survived a mud run and now finally, I am settled, in one house, with a job I love and I am having a break from academia, so I have more time to bake, cook, eat out and importantly, write about it.

So, enough about what has changed in my life…what has changed in the coeliac/gluten free world since I last wrote?

…..LOADS!

Coeliac UK launched a fantastic campaign called ‘Is it coeliac disease?’ the campaign involved TV adverts, leaflets, radio adverts and an online assessment tool. This campaign has not only helped more people get diagnosed with Coeliac, but it has also increased the awareness of it. I have noticed fewer and fewer people ask me what it is, and I have also noticed an increase in those who have been diagnosed.

The major change is the past couple of years is the insane growth in gluten free products available. To name a few new faves…gluten-free hob nobs, fresh pasta, crumpets, mince pies, more choice, and better gf beer and fresh gluten free pizza! It’s a whole new world these days! Much better than when I first got diagnosed and all my local Morrisons could offer was some long life bread and chocolate biscuits.

Eating out – now I live in London, I can pretty much eat anywhere and find something gluten free. There are so many restaurants to recommend, and hopefully I will get round to writing some of my experiences up over the next few weeks. All I can say is that there has been a huge growth in the gluten free offer at restaurants. More are offering gf bread, pasta, pizza and now it is a legal obligation to know exactly what allergens are in your food (hoorah)!


So, I hope to be blogging a lot more from now on…so keep an eye on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment