Thursday 27 June 2013

Look What We Found! Staffordshire Chicken Casserole

-->
Last week I was looking for just a couple of quick meals that I could buy as I knew I was going to be busy the next day. I stumbled upon this fantastic brand, which I have never seen before called: Look What We Found! Is a fantastic company… sourcing all of its meat from within Britain and only using natural ingredients. Even better, most of the meals you can buy are gluten free!

I decided to try Staffordshire Chicken Casserole…originally from Staffordshire myself; I thought I should buy something close to home.
At only 194 calories it seemed like a great buy! Something that would feel like comfort food but is actually reasonably good for you! 

When I opened the packet, I have to say I was skeptical. It didn’t look appetizing and it looked a bit mushed up…but then again I have never come across a good-looking cold chicken casserole! So I popped it in the microwave and hoped for the best. When the microwave pinged, the casserole was bubbling and smelling absolutely delicious! I poured it out into my bowl and It looked wonderful, packed full of chicken, potatoes and vegies…just like home made!

It tasted fantastic. The problem I tend to find with most quick meals is the overload of salt (bar the fact that most quick meals have gluten in!). This casserole really didn’t over do it, it was perfectly seasoned, no need to add anymore salt or pepper. It was also really filling, which surprised me for such a low calorie meal! It filed me up for about 5 hours. It would be a great meal to take into work at lunch time…its small enough to fit into a little bowl, but fills you up all afternoon! If I remember correctly it was about 50% chicken, which for £1.99 is really not too bad!

I was really surprised to see such good quality come out of my microwave! It was fresh, healthy, low calorie and helping British farmers…what more could you want?

I have tried a few brands of gluten free microwave food and this is my current favorite, its about the same price as all the rest….but with the added extra of low calorie and 100% natural.

If you fancy buying any Look What We Found! Has a website http://www.lookwhatwefound.co.uk/ with the offer of 15% off and free delivery with orders over £40…so get buying!

3 comments:

  1. I've not tried Look What We Found, but I've been stocking up from their sister brand Ilumi. Everything is gluten, dairy and not free and of great quality. Sounds a very similar product: http://www.ilumiworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have had Ilumi as well, both are very delicious! I have just reviewed the Ilumi soup here: http://thegingercoeliac.blogspot.co.uk/. I like the Look What We Found because its local produce, but then Ilumi has a lot of lovely spicy and oriental options which is fab! But I've been doing the exact same! Stocking up for when I don't want to cook! Definatley give this one a go though, I was very impressed :).

    ReplyDelete