Tuesday 22 November 2016

Comforting Courgette Soup

I love soup. Every year, as soon as September comes around, I start making all sorts of soup for a great, filling alternative to salads or sandwiches. I have so, so many recipes to share on here, but I thought I would start with this simple, delicious creation I made last night.


Before I made this soup, I was making a curried courgette soup. It is absolutely delicious, but I have eaten it a fair amount recently, and as I am currently suffering from a gluten attack, I fancied something a little different and a little more comforting.

When it comes to cooking soup, I’m a lazy chef. I am usually making it at the same time as cooking dinner, so I don’t want anything too laborious. So all my soup recipes are a one pot, easy, lack of prep recipes.

For this cozy, comforting autumnal soup you will need…

(serves 4)
4 large potatoes
4 large courgettes
1 vegetable stock cube
1 liter of water
1 onion
1 cup of grated vintage cheddar

Method:

Chop the potatoes, courgettes, and onion and place in large saucepan
Add the water and the vegetable stock
Bring to the boil, then turn down to simmer for approximately half an hour
Bring off the boil and pure using a hand help blender
Add the vintage cheddar and stir in

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment