Monday 24 June 2013

About Me


My name is Sarah, and I'm a 23-year-old communications professional working and living in London.

I was diagnosed with Coeliac disease in February 2013. Like anyone else, the first thought that came to mind when I was told I could no longer eat gluten was the treats I would miss out on…the cakes, the doughnuts, the biscuits…and no more of my grandma's apple pie! 

I have learned many lessons over the past few years. Since being diagnosed, my life has changed a fair amount. I completed my degree in Politics at the University of York, moved home to Stoke-on-Trent for a short period of time and then moved to London to start my career in Public Affairs. Blogging went on hold for a while as working, studying for a diploma in PR, and moving house twice took up a fair amount of my time. But now I'm settled in one house, working in a job I love, and have time to cook and bake...so I have time to blog again!

Food is my passion. It's my number one love in life. I live to eat, not eat to live, something that seems to be common in my family! At first, being diagnosed with Coeliac made me think that I couldn't enjoy the food I once loved, and that eating out would be a nightmare. It was at first...it was difficult, complicated, awkward, embarrassing...I was that weird person that asked for the allergy sheet. But now, with a good few years of experience, I am much more confident about it all and I cook and bake more now than ever before!

So..what can you expect from The Ginger Coeliac?

I like to write about the health benefits of the ingredients I cook with - particularly the benefits to coeliacs. However, I'm not one of these people that only ever eat salad. You can also expect cake, reviews of gluten free restaurants and tips for traveling. I experiment with paleo recipes, trying to cook more vegetarian, and I love trying out new stuff...so expect a bit of everything!


Sarah X

No comments:

Post a Comment