Thursday 27 June 2013

Dinner at The Swan Inn, Newby Bridge

Last month I went to the Swan Inn for drinks with some friends, and found myself walking past one of the hairy bikers from the television. I decided that this was a good sign…not only was a 4 star hotel, but if professional chefs eat there, it must be good!
Yesterday my boyfriend and I decided to go out for a meal and this seemed like a place to try! As I am a coeliac my boyfriend has also gone gluten free, we both needed somewhere that would serve gluten free food.
Luckily enough, when we phoned the Swann Inn up…they had a gluten free menu.

Obviously breads and most soups were not an option, but a huge amount of the mains and starters were still available! I started off with asparagus, poached egg and pesto, while my boyfriend had Parmesan crisp with pancetta and figs.  I have to say…everything was cooked to perfection! Absolutely delicious, the flavours merged perfectly and the way the food was presented looked beautiful!

As my boyfriend and I always want to try everything we decided to have a different meal each and split it. I went for the duck breast, cooked pink. This came with beans, oregano potatoes and a lovely sauce. Ben opted for the pork belly and chorizo potatoes. Both were fantastic. Both came with gluten free gravy which, I have to say, is rare in a lot of restaurants! Again, presentation was first glass, and the food just melted in your mouth!
We finished dinner off with some eton mess. Again, outstanding; not just wiped cream with strawberries and meringue, but strawberry kuli, the cream was strawberry cream and the meringue was home made!

There is nothing worse than walking into a restaurant and only getting an option of about 3 meals. This place clearly makes all of its food fresh and puts effort into making it look wonderful.

If you are ever in the Lake District and fancy a nice meal out…this is definitely the place to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment