Friday 20 September 2013

Gluten-free Baseball


I’ve always wanted to go to a baseball match – the game is not too hard to understand, the atmosphere always looks amazing and the classic hot dog stands everywhere! This year we decided to go and see the Tampa Bay Rays play against the Boston Red Socks.

Obviously I thought that there wouldn’t be an option for gluten-free eating there. I have been to football matches in England and they cater for the pie and chip lovers and that is about it. However, when I walked into the Tropicana Fields Stadium I found that I was completely wrong. Inside the stadium there were food stalls everywhere – Outback Steak House, Pappa Johns Pizza and a gluten-free hot dog stand!

The hot dog wasn’t the most thrilling thing I have ever eaten – it didn’t come with cheese or sauce, but the most important thing for me was that I could see a baseball match and eat a hot dog – a very touristy thing to do...but something everyone should get the chance to experience!

I have learned that being a coeliac shouldn’t put you off going to places, doing things and it certainly doesn’t mean missing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment