Friday 20 September 2013

Waffles!!


I CAN EAT WAFFLES!  Who would have thought!? I have seen brownies, bread, wraps, pizza bases but never gluten-free waffles!

I came across Van’s Gluten-free Waffles in the frozen section of the local supermarket in Sarasota. I bought the original and the ancient grain waffles to try them out. They also have blueberry, flax and apple cinnamon but I’m not a fan of flavored waffles – I’d rather add my own toppings of fruit.

The original waffles were delicious; they tasted just like normal toaster waffles. I couldn’t use the toaster as it was contaminated with wheat bread, so every morning I dry fried 2 frozen waffles, topped it off with fat-free cool whip and added a chopped banana…just heaven! Although I loved the original waffles, it was the ancient grain option that I bought again. The ancient grain waffles had a better taste and flavor as well as being lower in calorie and more fiber.

For anyone traveling to America – you should definitely give these a try. They are tasty, a good size and a good texture. If only they were available over in the UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment