Thursday 18 July 2013

Breakfast at Buckingham Palace


Last weekend I went to the Coronation Festival at Buckingham Palace in London. It was a day to feel pretty, to walk in the palace gardens and to dine like kings and queens! I have to say the whole day was amazing. The idea of the festival is to showcase all the current Royal Warranted products to members of the general public. From interior design to bookbinding, tailors to shoe makers and cleaning products to food. It was an opportunity to experience the Queens gardens and to see the highest quality products this country had to offer.  
I had breakfast at Mosimanns, and e-mailed in advance to let them know I was gluten-free. I was questioning what i would get...whether they would just miss out ingredients or whether they would give replacements. To my amazement, breakfast was absolutely phenomenal, nothing was left out or skimped on!


Smoked salmon, cottage cheese and scrambled eggs with chives…what more could you ask for? I realised that there is a clear difference between good and bad smoked salmon. The stuff I occasionally buy from supermarkets is tasty …but is oily and slimy. The smoked salmon here just fell apart when you picked it up. Not oily at all! The cottage cheese with scrambled eggs and chives were a step above the rest. I wouldn’t have thought scrambled eggs could be ‘divine’ but that seems to be the only word for them!

After this ‘main course’ there was a bacon sandwich, all gluten free of course! It was packed with about 6 pieces of bacon and the gluten free bread was crunchy and actually had flavour which was a nice change!
Finally we had some natural yogurt and berry compote. Again, beautiful…the yogurt was creamy, the compote wasn’t too tart.


Mosimann’s isn’t the kind of place you get to eat at every day. I count myself incredibly lucky to have experienced the meals they create. Alike everything else at the festival, this restaurant is Royal Warranted and required a membership to dine there. But for this single day, I got the opportunity to dine like royalty. What an experience!  

No comments:

Post a Comment