Wednesday 24 July 2013

Look What We Found! Staffordshire Chicken Tikka.

-->
At the moment I seem to be living off microwave meals. Only cooking for myself and having little time in the evening is something I am just not used to. Microwave meals are a great option for me at the moment whilst I continue my work experience at Dinosaur PR.



Yesterday, for some odd reason, I was craving curry. Luckily enough, as a treat, my mum bought me a Look What We Found! Staffordshire Chicken Tikka with basmati rice. Now my mum is a little bit obsessed with local food. She loves the farm shops near by….she grows her own herbs and will buy British at every opportunity. My mum immediately loved this brand as much as I did, and occasionally buys some of their meals for me. So as some treats for this week she packed me off to York with Staffordshire Chicken Curry and Casserole. Nom nom nom!



The best thing I found with this meal is that I had the one with rice included, and it was still only 378 calories for the portion! I was so surprised because rice dishes are usually really weighty on the calories side, as well as the fact that curry and rice is almost impossible to get under 500 calories. So I popped it in the microwave, put the kettle on and put some salad in my bowl just to bulk it out a bit. 2 minutes later, I had the curry I was craving all day! What more can you want!



The curry had plenty of chicken in which really impressed me. This seems to be a common feature with the Look What We Found! range. There is always plenty of protein, which I love because it keeps you fuller for longer.



A chicken tikka is usually medium spice, but sometimes ready meal companies can get it wrong…sometimes to spicy and sometimes completely tasteless. Some how Look What We Found! captured the taste of the type of chicken tikka you can get from a restaurant, apart from the fact that there was better chicken and it tasted a lot fresher!


The only thing is…if you like big potions this isn’t going to fill you up. But then again, no ready meal will. In terms of an easy option for a long day that satisfies a craving for something really unhealthy, this is tremendous! As my home county is Staffordshire, I want to support the local farmers, but it’s obviously difficult to do so working in a different part of the country! Look What We Found! makes it easy for me to buy local, British and fresh ready meals, perfectly gluten free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment